Reviewer Achievement: Weekly Video Lecture checkpoints (6%)
Submit a weekly summary of what you learnt from the weekly video conference.
The process of summarising a record of what you have learnt will assist you in understanding the concepts each week.
Your summary should include note taking to summarise the video conference or recording.
Cornell Note Taking Technique
- On an A4 sheet write the topic & date at the top.
- Divide the page into two portions by drawing a line roughly 5 cm from the left margin of the page .
- On the right side is the note-taking column. This is where you write brief summarised notes during the lecture or video.
- On the left side is your Key word or Prompt column. Here you write key words from your notes or other prompts to help you.
- At the bottom of the page, summarise the main concepts.
Visual Note Taking
Using visuals can improve your understanding of concepts even further, and is a wonderful skill to develop. If you create a great visual, sharing on the course Facebook group is always appreciated by your peers and lecturer.