Log of Learning Activities
In this assessment task, you will complete a learning log of Design and Technology and Digital Technologies activities such as quizzes, lesson plans, peer assessments, reflections and content synthesis summaries. The purpose of this assessment task is for you to engage with a series of activities online or in tutorials that develop and demonstrate your understanding of the content and processes in technologies education.
Marking is based on the completion of a series of activities that:
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the physical, social and intellectual development and characteristics of students and how these may affect the learning of Technologies concepts.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the concepts, substance and structure of the content and teaching strategies of the Technologies learning area.
- Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of literacy and numeracy teaching strategies and their application in the Technologies teaching areas.
- Demonstrate broad knowledge of strategies that can be used to evaluate Technologies teaching programs to improve student learning.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the role of external professionals and community representatives in broadening teachers' professional knowledge and practice.
Log of Learning Activities tasks must be completed each week by the next lecture or tutorial, with the final weeks activities by 4 October 2018.
Completion of your Log of Learning Activities is conducted in stages, with individual items having completion windows (dates when and until an item can be completed). These dates are detailed below with each task.
Assessment of these tasks by their due dates is by completion and they are not criteria based. Quiz marks contribute based on correct responses, all other activities receive the associated marks if the activity is completed by the indicated time.
Only a single Assignment Cover Sheet is required for your Log of Learning Activities by the due date of the final item, either as a file submitted on learning@griffith or you can complete the following form.
No marks will be awarded after the due date for a Log of Learning Activities item without an approved extension.
Submission of Log of Learning Activities items is via the course website. In exceptional circumstances an extension of submission time of up to 1 week is possible with an extension request form submitted with supporting documentation BEFORE the due date for that item. Medical certificates must include a professional opinion that you were impaired in your ability to complete the assessment item.
Requests for special consideration is available AFTER the final due date for the Log of Learning Activities and only where the assessment has been substantially attempted. Requests will be considered if you can demonstrate that your performance in the assessment was seriously affected, or you were seriously disadvantaged when the assessment was attempted, on the grounds of illness, accident, disability, bereavement or other compassionate circumstances. Requests must be accompanied by appropriate documentary evidence, submitted AFTER the final due date, online, and NO LATER than three working days after the final due date of the Log of Learning Activities.
Log of Learning Activities
12 Summaries /1%
11 Lessons /0.25%
12 Reflections /1%
12 Quizzes /1%
0.25% if an introduction is submitted by the end of Week 2
1% if a Lecture Synthesis is submitted by the next lecture
0.5% each if D&T and DT lesson plans are ready for each tutorial (wk 2-12)
0.25% if peer feedback is provided during each tutorial (wk 2-12)
1% if a Tutorial Reflection is submitted by the next tutorial
1% if the Weekly Quiz is completed by the next lecture